Marketing a restaurant in today’s competitive environment requires accurate, reliable and comprehensive customer data. Meanwhile it’s a very essential components of your restaurant’s success. It’s also essential both for retaining current customers and maintaining healthy long-term growth.
In this article, we will be giving you a well designed approach on how to market your restaurant.
1. Paid Social Media Advertising
Social Media is the voice of your brand. It is an engagement machine where you can build great content – to increase.
Paid advertising works fairly simply; if you invest ‘x’ amount in the marketing you will get ‘y’ amount in terms of returns. For instance, when you create a Facebook ad, you expect an increase in sales for that week.
- Call to Actions – For example – have an order now button that redirects people to your online ordering platform.
- Video Marketing – Videos are viewed 5 times more than static content. Every day, around 8 billion videos get viewed on facebook alone
Creatives and Templates – Be sure to use visually stunning social media creatives to entice your audience into action. You could make use of attractive social ,media templates and flyers to make your restaurant stand out.
Social media platforms you could use for business includes;
- Instagram – Useful for pushing images and videos
- Facebook – Needs no introduction: 78% of businesses use Facebook ads as a tool to increase business.
- Twitter – Live tweeting, engaging with your customers.
- TikTok – Short videos, super-popular and has grown tremendously in the last few years.
2. Include mobile ordering and delivery
The process consists of a customer choosing the restaurant of their choice, scanning the menu items, choosing an item, and finally choosing for pick-up or delivery. Payment is then administered by paying with a credit card or debit card through the app or website or in cash at the restaurant when going to pickup. Customers who have ordered online have been shown to visit a restaurant more frequently than customers who haven’t, and restaurants are benefiting from the visibility of being promoted on delivery apps and websites.
There are three main ways you can set up a restaurant online ordering system:
- Use your own website, using a website builder or WordPress to process orders.
- Use a third party online ordering app, such as Uber Eats.
- Use a third party online ordering app combined with a POS system, such as CAKE.
3. Restaurant Loyalty and Affiliate Programs
Having a loyalty program is a great way to increase your sales. One way to start customers in your loyalty program is to obtain customer emails.
Partnering up with online food apps should definitely be a consideration as part of your restaurant marketing plan. Partnering with online apps encourages visitors to check out your restaurant through gamification and customer loyalty programs which offer visitors a free purchase or discount for visiting a certain number of times.
Also affiliate programs could be very handy in boosting your audience. You just have to pay your customers to invite their friends to your restaurant’s website or app. It serves a great deal too.
4. Work with Influencers